The Living Legend
3. Dr. Mohan Dewan
- Managing Partner at R K Dewan& Co,
- Adjunct Professor at University of Natal, Howard College (1988 – 1993 )Durban, South Africa(Intellectual Property Law and International Law)
Intellectual Property, Innovation and Management in Emerging Economies
“Socio-economic Changes Effected by Intellectual Property Rights: the Indian Perspective”
Recent Conference speeches by Dr Mohan Dewan:
- ‘Patent Litigation Strategies for Key Emerging Markets: India’ – C5’s 5th Annual Forum on Pharma & Biotech Patent Litigation, Amsterdam, January 2013.
- Panelist, ‘Managing Design Protection and Enforcement in India,’ Global IP Convention, Bangalore, January 2013.
- Speaker Pharma Patents Conference June 2013..London
- Workshop Conductor Pharma Patents Conference June 2013 London
Some Recent Training Workshops & Seminars Conducted by Dr Mohan Dewan:
- ‘IP protection in the IT sector’ at the Mahindra Group Legal Summit 2013 (attended by Tech Mahindra, Mahindra Satyam and other group companies).
- ‘Patent Filing in India & Overseas,’ Research & Development (Engineering) Division, DRDO Forum Lecture in Pune, February 2013.
- ‘Patent Litigation in India: Current Trends – Advanced Workshop On IPR Issues in IT & Cyberspace’ organized by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), in collaboration with the Defence Research & Development Organization (DRDO), Hyderabad, November 2012.
- Training of the newly recruited Indian Patent Examiners at Nagpur (India) – multiple sessions spread over 3 months, 2012
- Numerous training programmes and workshops at institutions such as the Mahratta Chambers of Commerce, the Rajiv Gandhi National Institute for Intellectual Property Management (NIIPM) and Patent Information Centre at Nagpur (India) and the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay.
Dr Dewan is a member of various IP associations: INTA, APAA, AIPPI, AIPLA, MARQUES, FICPI, LES, CIPA, IPO.
He has been appointed to serve on INTA’s Academic Committee for the 2014 – 2015 term, having previously served on INTA’s Emerging Issues Committee. He is also a member of IPO’s Litigation Committee.