Back to Basics!
The first session on basics of IP Law was conducted by Ms. Aishwarya Bedekar and Ritvik M. Kulkarni.
Here, the Cell has briefly discussed the idea that is Intellectual Property, and the justification, requirement and modes of its protection. Similarly the Presenters also exhaustively discussed about the roots, emergence, and evolution of Copyright Law throughout the world. You will find charts and other visual aids in support of the discussions conducted given. Students of ILS Law College (and others as well) may submit their feedback and opinions on the presentation to Mr. Ritvik M. Kulkarni @ email@example.com OR drop a comment right here!
Click here for the PPT file–> Presentation on Basic Principles of Intellectual Property and Copyright Law
The IP Cell’s ‘Clinical Saturdays’ First Session: How To Research On Moots_IPR Cell (Click)
Uploading a copy of the First Session conducted by the IPR Cell of the ILS Law College for the academic year 2015-2016!
Click on: IPR Cell Introductory Session to get the PPT!
5. Himanshu Kane, Advocate
He is the Managing Partner of W.S. Kane & Co., Mumbai and heads the Intellectual Property Law and Dispute Resolution practices of the Firm.
Mr. Kane has been practicing as an Advocate, Trade Mark and Patent Attorney since 1973 and as a Solicitor since 1975.
He appears as an arguing Counsel in IP matters before various courts including District Courts, High Courts and the Supreme Court of India as also various before Tribunals including Intellectual Property Appellate Board, Copyright Board, Registrar of Trade Marks and Controller of Patents and Designs.
He is also an active member of the following:
Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa, Bombay Incorporated Law Society, Bombay Bar Association, APAA, AIPPI, IPLPA.
The Living Legend
3. Dr. Mohan Dewan
- Managing Partner at R K Dewan& Co,
- Adjunct Professor at University of Natal, Howard College (1988 – 1993 )Durban, South Africa(Intellectual Property Law and International Law)
Intellectual Property, Innovation and Management in Emerging Economies
“Socio-economic Changes Effected by Intellectual Property Rights: the Indian Perspective”
Recent Conference speeches by Dr Mohan Dewan:
- ‘Patent Litigation Strategies for Key Emerging Markets: India’ – C5’s 5th Annual Forum on Pharma & Biotech Patent Litigation, Amsterdam, January 2013.
- Panelist, ‘Managing Design Protection and Enforcement in India,’ Global IP Convention, Bangalore, January 2013.
- Speaker Pharma Patents Conference June 2013..London
- Workshop Conductor Pharma Patents Conference June 2013 London
Some Recent Training Workshops & Seminars Conducted by Dr Mohan Dewan:
- ‘IP protection in the IT sector’ at the Mahindra Group Legal Summit 2013 (attended by Tech Mahindra, Mahindra Satyam and other group companies).
- ‘Patent Filing in India & Overseas,’ Research & Development (Engineering) Division, DRDO Forum Lecture in Pune, February 2013.
- ‘Patent Litigation in India: Current Trends – Advanced Workshop On IPR Issues in IT & Cyberspace’ organized by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), in collaboration with the Defence Research & Development Organization (DRDO), Hyderabad, November 2012.
- Training of the newly recruited Indian Patent Examiners at Nagpur (India) – multiple sessions spread over 3 months, 2012
- Numerous training programmes and workshops at institutions such as the Mahratta Chambers of Commerce, the Rajiv Gandhi National Institute for Intellectual Property Management (NIIPM) and Patent Information Centre at Nagpur (India) and the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay.
Dr Dewan is a member of various IP associations: INTA, APAA, AIPPI, AIPLA, MARQUES, FICPI, LES, CIPA, IPO.
He has been appointed to serve on INTA’s Academic Committee for the 2014 – 2015 term, having previously served on INTA’s Emerging Issues Committee. He is also a member of IPO’s Litigation Committee.
Titan the Second
2. CA Ameya Kunte
1. Completed the CA Course offered by he Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
2. Completed B Com, Accountancy from the Brihan Maharashtra College of Commerce, (BMCC) Pune
1. Presently working as Executive Editor and Co-Founder at Taxsutra.com (www.taxsuxtra.com)
2. Presently acting as a Coordinator at Pune West CPE Study Circle
3. Previously worked as Senior Manager at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
4. Previously worked as Manager at Ernst and Young
Titan 1 at the IP Week!
1. Mr. Abhishek Sahay
- Post Graduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Rights from ILS Law College, Pune.
- MBA, Marketing from University of Pune
- BSc in Biomedical Sciences from Delhi University
Certification: Registered Patent Agent
- Presently working as Assistant Director, Centre for Innovation, Science & Tech Commercialization, FICCI (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry)
Past work experience:
- Worked at Khurana & Khurana, Advocates & IP Attorneys
- Worked as Patent Consultant at Institute of Intellectual Property Research and Development
- Worked as Research Associate: Intellectual Property – Life Sciences at Evalueserve
- Worked as Manager, IP Cell Indoco
IP Week 2015
[2Nd -7Th Feb, 2015]
(For ILS Law College Students Only)
Orientation for the event on 22nd January 2015 1:45 pm in Hall 1
Innovation, Technology and Commercialization
Mr. Abhishek Sahay
Assistant Director, Centre for Innovation, Science & Tech Commercialization, FICCI (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry)
||Interface of IP and Tax*
||Mr. Ameya Kunte
||Founding Partner, Taxsutra
Trademarks in Cyberspace*
Mr. Anand Deshpande
|Senior Intellectual Property Counsel at Cognizant Technology Solutions
||Patents in Drugs
||Mr. Mohan Dewan
||Managing Partner, R.K. Dewan & Co.
||Transacting IP in Entertainment Industry
||Mr. Dominic D’Souza
||Vice-President, Legal at Zee Entertainment Enterprise Ltd.
|Theory of Intellectual Property
||Mr. Himanshu Kane
||Managing Partner of W.S. Kane & Co.
|* There may be an interchanging of dates with reference to these events but the lecture shall be conducted during the IP Week only.
Registrations Open between 21st January to 31st January 2015
One time fee of Rs. 100/- (inclusive of tea and biscuits served at intervals)
Detailed individual profiles of the Resource Persons coming up soon!
For any queries feel free to contact:
Shashank Mangal, V BSL, 9325344519
Chaitrika S. Patki, V BSL, 9967098860
Raj M. Agrawal, V BSL, 9373242270
Students of ILS Law College, Pune
Let’s take a look at the next week’s IPR Cell Presentation 22nd January 2015
IPR isn’t just about patents, trademarks and copyrights. There is more to it.
Topic: Basics of ‘The protection of plant varieties and farmers’ rights act, 2001′
Venue: Hall No. 3
Time: 11:45 AM