The Centre for Intellectual Property Rights, National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi is pleased to announce the first CIPR National Essay Competition, 2015. The competition affords an excellent opportunity for Law students to share their views on the theme “FRAND: INDIAN PERSPECTIVE”.
Entries should be based on the following subtopics:
The Contemporary issues involving FRAND
- The applicability of foreign decisions dealing with FRAND, to the Indian scenario
- The economics and politics of FRAND and nexus to Law
- The Competition is open for LL.B. and LL.M. students currently studying law (full-time) in any of the recognised Law Schools/ Colleges/ Departments of the Universities.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: The essay should be in English, with a word limit of 3000 – 5000 words.
(Times New· Roman, Font Size: 12, Line spacing: 1.5, Footnote size: 10) Only one essay per participant will be permitted. Multiple submissions will lead to
- immediate disqualification. The essay should be accompanied with an abstract not exceeding 300 words.
- Co-authorship is permitted, subjected to a limit of maximum two authors per submission.
- The cover page should include Name, Year of Study, Address, E-mail id, Contact number
- and Name of the author and also their College/University. In case of co-authorship, the covering letter should include details of both the authors No part of the submission should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication or a contest elsewhere. Any form of plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification. The essay should not contain names or any other marks which reveal the identity of the author. Participants should send in a scanned copy of the declaration form (provided with the announcement) along with the submission.
1st Prize: Rs. 5,000/-
2nd Prize: Rs. 3,000/-
3rd Prize: Rs. 2,000/-
There are NO REGISTRATION FEES. All the entries should be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 31st of MAY 2015. The essays will be valued by a panel of experts and the decision of the organizers shall be final.
CONTACT DETAILS: Mrs. Athira P.S. Director, Centre for Intellectual Property Rights, NUALS Email: email@example.com, Contact: +919995230047
view the official call here!